Friday 25 October 2013

Fancy Hair Colors: How to get it right and maintain it.

Confession: I'm a HUGE fan of getting funky hair colors. The crazier it is, the happier I am.
Such hair colors include Ariel's Red, Pastel Purple, Royal Blue, Bright Pink, etc etc. 
Purple with Pink Ombre
Dark Red with Pink Ombre
However, its a freaking huge pain in the ass when the colors begin to fade on DAY ONE and after a week, your hair is either back to orange or brown or worse, some hay color that you cannot wait to get rid of. Been there, done that.

I've googled online on ways to maintain hair colors like Red (I'm a huge fan of Red cause everyone says I look like Ariel heehee) and there were crazy suggestions such as:

1. Do not wash your hair for 3 days. The oil keeps the color in your hair.
(This is true but I'm sorry but I can NEVER do this. I have a crazily oily scalp and not washing it for a day is suicidal enough.)
2. Wash your hair with conditioner only.
3. Insert dye into your shampoo.

No offense to people who did any of the above because I understand, we really want the color to stay. Trust me, I've tried sooo many different ways to maintain my colors INCLUDING what I've mentioned above. I researched into every single shampoos and conditioners that would help and none of them did.

UNTIL...

i met Medavita (:
Available at D'Image Salon
371 Bukit Batok St 31, #01-324

*photo credit: tjs hair company
Medavita shampoo ($28 for the smaller bottle - 250ml) has a pH value of 5.8 which is the ideal pH value of a shampoo especially for fresh dyed hair. pH balanced shampoos help to keep your hair cuticles closed in order to retain the color so you should always get shampoos with a pH value of 5 to 7 especially if you've just colored your hair!

This Medavita shampoo isn't foamy at all so don't be alarmed by it or start pouring out the entire bottle cause it doesn't work that way. Just wash your hair the way you usually would and get used to how little foam it gives out.

So far, this is the ONLY shampoo that I've used that works PERFECTLY. Usually my red fades into orange and brown after 2 weeks but even after a month-ish, my red was still intact even though my ends were a little orange. 
Ariel's Red 
After a month
I get my hair done at D'Image Bukit Gombak for about S$200ish dollars including bleaching and the best thing is, they ALWAYS manage to get the color that I want on my hair which is really really important!!
I've visited other salons in the past and they could never get the exact color that I want. If you decide to get such bright colors one day, be sure to check if your salon have had any experiences with such dyes beforehand. D'Image always shows me photos of what they've done thats why I dare leave my hair in their hands.

Have a great Friday ya'll! xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment