Wednesday 13 August 2014

Late Night Supper Drive with my soulfriend

HARROW. I realise that the last time I've blogged was about almost ALMOST 2 months ago but i'm backkk yayy! (for now)
So this happens to be a damn long overdue post and I have alot ALOT of long overdue posts because i've been swamped and I can't wait to share what I've been doing for the past couple of weeks with you guys so yes i will try my best to be constant so there won't be THAT many overdue posts but okay keep checking back for the rest okay!

ANYWAY, with my mum being overseas and with the car just rusting away and me taking forever to get my license, my dear bff (aka my driver) & i decided to do something 'healthy' instead of going to pubs and clubs, one fine night. Honestly, it was super random and the conversation prolly went like:
C: 'ehy, lets go for midnight supper drive leh! i got car!'
R: 'okay! where!'
C: 'dontknow leh. you decide. tyvm.'
R: '-.-'

Soooo, we ended up at Casuarina Curry at Upper Thomson for prata (cause apparently rowena heard that its damn good and we're 2 fragile little girls who dare not explore Geylang in the middle of the night so really, the choices are quite limited)
We ordered a plain prata (idk why i always have this concept that you have to try the plain prata to determine if its good), Mushroom Cheese Prata, Cheese Sausage Prata & my fav milo dinosaur for myself and i have nooo idea what drink rowena had cause its damn long ago. (SORRY, LOVEYOU.)
The Mushroom Cheese Prata & Cheese Sausage Prata were HUGE. Like omg, thank god we were sharing because to be honest, I think if I had to finish up one entire prata myself, I would have prolly been quite sick of it cause after awhile, the taste sort of gets into you. BUT dont get me wrong, it tastes really really good! Its exactly the kind of prata i like - CRISPY on the outside and they were pretty generous with their cheese, mushroom & sausage so if you're a mushroom & sausage & cheese lover like me and you happen to end up at Casuarina Curry on one of your random supper night drives, then you'll have to try their Mushroom Cheese Prata. You're not missing much if you decide to skip on the Cheese Sausage Prata but the Mushroom one, you really have to try but please share kay?

The only thing that I wasn't happy about was that I had to gobble up all my food because the staffs were pretty rude. Like yah, they're not happy to serve you and because its supper and they're closing at 12AM and they were staring at me as though i'm taking damn long to eat so thanks for the pressure guys.
Technically, the place closes at 12AM right, and we purposely chose the outside seats so that they can clean up the inside of the restaurant and all and really, i'm not a bitch whereby i would PURPOSELY make you work till damn late and stuffs but to start telling me every 5 mins at 11.15PM-ish that you guys are closing and I have to hurry up WILL PISS ME OFF. I would know when to leave so really, that was a mood killer. So I hope you guys get better staffs when you go there.
- 136 Casuarina Road (Off Upper Thomson)
- 187 Macpherson Road (Beside UOB Bank)
Opening Hours: 7AM - 12 Midnight Daily
Telephone: 6455 9093


We then headed over to Salted Caramel for desserts cause I love ice creams and I constantly need to have them else I'll be really sad and yah i've NEVER tried Salted Caramel before and idk why either but I HAVE TRIED IT alr kayz.
I dont know if it was a suay day for supper or what but Salted Caramel was SUPER HOT on that very Friday as though their air-conditioning wasn't working so my ice cream melted damn quickly :(
I can't remember what icecream i got HAHA but I remember vividly that their waffles was pretty good! With me being an icecream addict, i didn't really find their icecream all that special and I honestly prefer The Daily Scoop or Udders instead. I would prolly still visit Salted Caramel if I'm ever nearby and want to have ice cream but to drive all the way down to Upper Thomson just to have it would be highly unlikely.

246F Upper Thomson Road
Opening Hours:
Sunday to Thursday 12PM - 11PM
Eve of PH, Friday & Saturday 12PM - 2AM


I would have went to more places but Rowena suck cause after 2 places she say she's damn full so poor lil me have no choice but to accommodate cause she has to send me back home. #beggerscantbechoosers. We prolly drove around Singapore aimlessly for like an hour having our usual bitching session in the car, my fav htht time and blasting club music cause we're damn proud of ourselves for doing something 'healthy' for once.
It was fun doing plain old silly & simple things like that and honestly, I would still choose to have midnight supper drives or hunts again over any other thing. FOOD OVER ALCOHOL.
Thanks for always being there for me and creating so much more silly & memorable memories (such as your parallel parking) with me for the past couple of years babe. Cheers to friendship! ♥
(P.S: I know the photos damn pixelated but sorry i damn lazy bring digital camera out. Everything also iPhone)

Have a great Wednesday guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment