Saturday 8 March 2014

Vampire Academy Movie Review

You know what's the first thing that came into my mind when I saw the trailer and poster for Vampire Academy?
"OMG. A Chic Flick Vampire Show! YAY!" and I happily dragged my boyfriend to catch it with me cause I was so excited about it being a stupid and funny Vampire Movie with alot of Girly drama.
But boy was I wrong.

Vampire Academy (PG)
Based on author Richelle Mead's worldwide bestselling series, VAMPIRE ACADEMY tells the legend of Rose Hathaway (Zoey Deutch) and Lissa Dragomir (Lucy Fry), two 17-year-old girls who attend a hidden boarding school for Moroi (mortal, peaceful Vampires) and Dhampirs (half-vampire/half human guardians).
Rose, a rebellious Guardian-in-training and her best friend, Lissa - a royal vampire Princess - have been on the run when they are captured and returned to St.Vladamirs Academy, the very place where they believe their lives may be in most jeopardy.
Thrust back into the perils of Moroi Society and high school, Lissa struggles to reclaim her status while Rose trains with her mentor and love-interest, Dimitri (Danila Kozlovsky), to guarantee her place as Lissa's guardian.
Rose will sacrifice everything to protect Lissa from those who intend to exploit her from within the Academy walls and the Strigoi (immortal, evil vampires) who hunt her kind from outside its sanctuary.
Genre: Drama
Running Time: 105 minutes
Release Date: 27th Feb 2014

Doesn't sound so boring anymore right?
Okay first's thing first. I SO DID NOT KNOW THAT IT WAS A BOOK. I mean the entire marketing strategy for this movie was like the next funny mean girl - vampire version. The poster looks like a cheesy chick flick but you really have to trust me on this, VAMPIRE ACADEMY WAS OMG SO GOOD. Its NOTHING like Twilight, NOTHING like Vampire Diaries or Teen wolf.
What I really liked about Vampire Academy was how refreshing it is to actually categorise vampires into Moroi and Strigoi and I find it extremely interesting that vampires in this movie actually requires guardian protection. Okay I'm a hardcore Vampire, Werewolf drama freak and I adore Vampire Diaries and Teen Wolf because its getting really damn interesting but everytime, the ones with supernatural powers are the strongest and are the ones who have to protect the annoying little screamy chicks. So having the supernatural not the alpha race anymore was pretty interesting.
Rose Hathaway was really really funny too. Her whole tough chick portrayal was awesome and I really like her as a character. She wasn't some defenceless girl who can't protect herself and whose constantly waiting on others to protect her so no she is so NOT annoying. But I really really like her with Dimitri like just get together and forget all that guardian crap but stories are stories - they make your blood boil.

I've selected a few more stills from Vampire Academy just for you and pssst...I think Zoey Deutch is totally hot and she's awesome as Rose Hathaway. But WAITTT! Lets see how CHARMING Dimitri aka Danila Kozlovsky is before the stills okay?
The movie does him no justice at all. *sighhhh...
Okay sorry here are more stills from Vampire Academy! 





From the bottom of my heart, Vampire Academy is drop dead awesome. So if you are hesitating to catch this movie, don't. Just watch it. I can't wait for the sequel already :D
**Special thanks to Golden Village Pictures for the synopsis and movie stills.

No comments:

Post a Comment